Sage X3 support – what should I expect from my Sage X3 support partner26 Feb 2015 | by Natalie
Sage X3 is a mid-range ERP solution and at the mid-range, we find that support requirements differ greatly from one customer to the next. The different support requirements will depend on a number of factors:
- Does the Sage X3 customer have internal skills and Sage X3 competency?
- What industry is the customer in?
- Which geographical location/s are required for Sage X3 support?
- Is Sage X3 being used as an end to end ERP application or only for specific functional elements?
The team at Leverage believes that a Sage X3 support agreement has to be tailored to the customer’s specific requirements. There are however some critical elements to any support agreement for Sage X3:
- Industry knowledge – does your Sage X3 partner know and understand your industry sector? Certain industry sectors have very specific requirements for compliance, reporting and technical standards?
- Local support – it makes sense to be supported by a local Sage ERP implementation partner – who can offer quick, easy access to on-site support.
- Different support options – on-site, telephone, remote access should all be offered.
- Knowledge of the broader technical landscape being used in your business. ERP solutions need to be integrated to multiple elements of your business – document management, banking, customer service, reporting and more…..make sure your Sage X3 support partner can offer value add in these areas.
Some Sage X3 customers have very specific support requirements – for example, 24 x 7 mission-critical support or support during specific time periods. Before considering which support option is right for your business talk to your Sage X3 partner and ask the right questions. A support agreement is there not only to provide your users with easy access to the rights answers but to give you a whole lot more:
- Access to upgrades of current versions of Sage X3. Keep your Sage X3 solution current so that your users can take advantage of the latest in new technology.
- Access to industry experts to help you get the most out of your Sage X3 solution – what technologies are you not currently using that might streamline your business or give you the information that you want, when and where you want it.
- Help with any support queries or challenges that your users might face on a daily basis. Give users access to the right answers quickly to encourage your users to use more of the Sage X3 system and to love the results.
- Access to new modules and technology – mobility and more.
ERP solutions have moved to the cloud and, as such, it is more important than ever for companies to partner with the right ERP solution provider. Your Sage X3 cloud partner will take responsibility for your Software as a Service/cloud deployment of Sage X3 (in a hosted infrastructure) – this increases your dependency on great Sage X3 support. Sage X3 is a great solution for medium to larger businesses in Australia – make the most of your investment with the right support agreement. Contact the award-winning Sage X3 team at Leverage Technologies on 1300 045 046 or [email protected] to find out more.